Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lover Reborn by JR Ward

Genre:Paranormal romance
cover: I'm not a fan of this cover simply because this isn't how I pictured Tohr.
Series:Black dagger Brotherhood #10

Rating:A

Review: description from good reads; In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. The city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Now back in the Brotherhood - and unrecognisable as the vampire leader he once was - Tohrment is physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair. When he begins to see his beloved in his dreams - trapped in a cold, isolating netherworld - Tohr turns to a self-serving fallen angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. When he's told he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed . . .

Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King's throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past, and a very hot, passion-filled future . . . but can his heart let go and set all of them free?
  I love this series and this latest installment was almost perfect. I personally do not like Xhex, so whenever she showed up I was only interested inasmuch as she related to the others. There was a point in the book where I wished Layla had more of a back bone. She was deliberately mislead and wasn't angry over being lied to. I wanted more from her than the weak female Ive come to know...but as a chosen, I guess I cant expect to much back bone. That dosent take away from the writing for me though. I was along for the ride every single second and what a Steamy ride it was! I found that right from the start I cared about these characters. Even Xcor and Throe. It was a very emotional read for me and I found myself tearing up at several points in the story and staying up until 3 am because I just couldn't put the book down. For any fan of Ward and/or The BDB series this is a MUST read and I recommend this series to anyone that likes paranormal romance. I feel that these books are best read in order so start with Dark Lover and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment