Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Winter of Red Snow





Author: Kristina Gregory
Series: Dear America
Genre: Children's historical fiction
Publisher: Scholastic
ISBN: 0439445531
Release Date: 1997




Summery:
 In her beloved diary, eleven-year-old Abigail Jane Stewart chronicles the despair and the hope of the winter of 1777 and 1778, when she witnesses the struggles of George Washington and his soldiers on the fields of Valley Forge.

Review:
    I have been having trouble finding a book good enough to finish lately. This book has been on my daughters shelf for 10 years. I've had my eye on it for a while and now I wish I had picked it up long ago. This short read was a nice break for me.  I like reading about this period in history and this book was well done. It was written to be appropriate enough for kids and engaging enough for an adult to keep turning the pages. I found myself disappointed when it ended. 

Cover:
      I love it. I also love the title.
Rating:
              B

No comments:

Post a Comment