Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Firelight

Author: Sophie Jordan
Series: Firelight #1
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication date: September 7, 2010
ISBN: 0062001221
Pages: 336



Summery:
With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.

Review:
  I really liked this book. The whole dragon shifter element was refreshingly unique. The author did a great job with the building of romantic and suspenseful tension. At times I was holding my breath. The only thing that I didn't like was Jacinda's indecisive yo-yo mentality. One minute she wanted to stay with her mom and the next she wanted to leave. One minute she is going to be with Will no matter the consequences and the next minute she is ignoring him.  After she yo-yo'd like that a couple of times It  bothered me. But it was written so well that it kept me reading every second I could find. And I think I'm going to be checking out some of the author's adult works also. And yes, I will be buying book 2 the day it comes out.

Cover:
  I absolutely love it. The coloring is beautiful and the bit of scales around the eye with the dragon pupil. Great job!

Rating:
          B-

1 comment:

  1. Good Review. New follower. I really like the cover as well. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour. I can't wait for Vanish. Vanish looks so good.

    ReplyDelete