Friday, April 1, 2011

Lover unleashed

Author: JR Ward
Series:Black Dagger Brotherhood#9
Genre:Paranormal romance
Publisher: NAL Hardcover: New American Library
Released Date: March 29, 2011
ISBN: 978-0451233165
Pages: 528



Summery:
Payne, twin sister of Vishous, is cut from the same dark, seductive cloth as her brother.
Imprisoned for eons by their mother, the Scribe Virgin, she finally frees herself-only to face a devastating injury.
Manuel Manello, M.D., is drafted by the Brotherhood to save her as only he can-but when the human surgeon and the vampire warrior meet, their two worlds collide in the face of their undeniable passion.
With so much working against them, can love prove stronger than the birthright and the biology that separates them?

Review:
  I have just been dying for the release of this book. I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood and I savoured every word in this book . I loved it! Okay, first I was so pleased Qhuinn's introspection and the changes hes making but I am concerned with the face he recalled and how that will impact his future and of course his relationship with Blay(go team Qhuay)! I loved how Manny and Payne just fell in love without someone fighting it and their inner demons. It was refreshing. Payne's naivete did annoy me at times. The chosen are schooled in sexual arts so I thought  Payne should have had some insight about that subject. She wasn't weak or stupid but it did annoy me slightly. I also grew more accepting of the state of Jane in this book than I have been in the past. And V & Butch, their bond just keeps getting tighter and better. Yes, this book was well worth the wait. I think I'm going to have to re-read the series , like one book a month leading up to the release of the next installment.

Cover:
  Its just okay for me. It keeps in theme with the other books in the series but Ive always felt that they are slightly lacking.

Rating:       
              A+

No comments:

Post a Comment