Monday, March 19, 2012

The Iron Duke

The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
Genre: Steampunk romance
Rating:D
Review:
I really had high expectations for The Iron Duke and I'm really sorry that I cant honestly give the book a higher rating but I just didn't like anything about it. Right off the bat I was totally confused. The author jumps right into this altered world with slang and references that had no explanations. I found myself really struggling to understand. Then we have a hero that's just not likable, a brute really. I honestly just pity  the heroine,Mina.  I even dislike her mother. I cant understand how they can have nano agents and flying airships but still communicating via telegram? I'm still not sure why some people are zombies but others are buggers. And I didn't find the relationship between Mina and Rhys
romantic at all. Baxter and Hunt and Haynes all got mixed up to me as the story just failed to hold my interest.  Maybe this might interest someone who is really into steam punk but it was definitely no for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment