Monday, February 7, 2011

Devoured by Darkness

Author: Alexandra Ivy
  ISBN: 1420111353
Number of pages: 352
Publisher: Zebra
Release: 12/01/2010
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Guardians of Eternity,#7









Summery
 
 Tane is a Charon, sworn to hunt and kill rogue vampires. His new assignment seems like a waste of his talents…until he catches up with the Jinn he's been sent to capture. Half human, half demon, Layla has a vulnerable streak that strikes right through to Tane's cold heart. He should be furious when she uses her powers to bind them together, preventing him from dragging her before the Commission. Instead he welcomes any reason to stay close enough to touch, to taste, to seduce…
Layla doesn't know why she was chosen to protect a child who may be the catalyst in a war between good and evil. But the mysteries of her past pale compared to the dangers approaching. Tane is devastatingly strong, breathtakingly sensual. And Layla will have to trust in every ounce of that strength, because her enemies are drawing near, eager to destroy them both.

Review:
 Let me start by saying that I loved the first four books in this series. Book five was okay for me, book six I pretty much skimmed but....I had hope. Nope, book seven didn't redeem Ms. Ivy's skill for me. I liked the two main characters but the dialogue kept pulling me out of the story. There were so many modern references and even the figures of speach that they use distracted me. I just kept thinking that beings who are this long lived  and powerful have more wisdom and don't sound like they're in their 20s. The plot was interesting, the world building consistent but by the 2nd half of the story I found myself skipping to the dialogue just to finish it. I think I'm done with this series.

Cover:
     The art was not bad. I like the purple and it was consistent with the series but the model looks nothing like Tane is described in the book.

Rating:
       D

  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment