Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nevermore

Author: Kelly Creagh
Published: 2010-08-31
ISBN: 1442402008
Pages: 543
Genre: Young Adult, paranormal

Summery:
 Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with piercing eyes another look.
Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.
As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.
His life depends on it.

Review:
     At  543 pages, this was a long one and worth every word. I enjoyed this book so much that its even made me want to read some Poe. I loved every move Isobel made, I found her and her family believable. The way she spoke up & stood up for the right thing made me say "Yes", And I liked how, I wasn't sure,really, what she would do. I enjoyed the mystery and seeing all the sides of Varen, especially the reveal of what the nocs were at the end. I enjoyed the writing so much that I even went slowly over the Poe stuff to make sure that I didn't miss any details. The only part of the story that I didn't like was how it ended...until  I discovered that its the first book in a trilogy!

Cover:
    This is a great cover. I do picture Varen slightly different  than this model(no lip ring?)but I like the contrast between the him & Isobel. I like that she's wearing the pink dress and that the title is in Varen's signature font.

Rating:
             A

No comments:

Post a Comment