Friday, February 11, 2011

The Macgregors:Serena & Caine

Title: the Macgregors:Serena&Caine
Author: Nora Roberts
Series: The Macgregors
Publisher: Silhouette Books
Release Date: 1998
Contains: Playing the odds
                 Tempting Fate
Genre: Romance
ISBN: 0373483880
Pages: 384







Summery:
When fiery heiress Serena MacGregor ups the ante on cool Comanche gambler Justin Blade, steamy doesn't begin to describe the results. Attorney Caine MacGregor has rarely met a case--or a woman--he couldn't win. But can he overrule ice princess Diana Blade's adamant objections to love?

Review:
        I want to start by saying that Ive read many, many books by Nora Roberts that I have loved. This series however was just not for me. This book contains two stories, the first, Playing the odds, had a male hero that didn't understand the word "NO" and a lead female who just went along with it. I was waiting for him to just hit her with his club and drag her by her hair. I just didn't like it and didn't finish it.
      I still decided to give the second story, Tempting fate, a try. It had a decent start but I just don't think that the lead characters were fleshed out enough. I didn't understand Diana and I was annoyed by Caine because he seemed to understand her in such an over dramatic way , I was left rolling my eyes at the page. I decided to spend my time reading something decent. Sorry Nora, I didn't finish this one either.

Cover:
          Pretty, serene. I like it.

Rating:
              F


   

No comments:

Post a Comment