Monday, February 14, 2011

The Hunger Games

Author: Suzanne Collins
Release Date: 2010-07-03
ISBN: 0439023521
Pages: 384
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: Scholastic










Summery:
    
   The  Hunger Games introduces sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world where an overpowerful government called the Capitol has risen up after some devastating disasters. Each year, just to prove they can and they hold the power,each district randomly selects the names of one boy and one girl, who are then forced into an arena to fight against each other in a televised game of life and death and forced to kill each other until only one remains. But all is not over for her yet.

Review:

      After hearing so many rave reviews, I expected alot of this book and it did not disappoint. It was an awesome read! The main character is Katniss, who is brave, wise, loyal and tough and still just a teen. I loved her reflections of her childhood and her father. The games and the capital are calculated and cruel and I felt the injustice of the people in Panem. I enjoyed all the secondary characters, even the ones I didn't like. I found myself routing for certain characters over others and hanging on everyword. This story was told so well that after just a few pages, I went to the store for book two!

Cover:
              Well done. Its sharp and I like the use of the mocking jay pin.

Rating:
             A




No comments:

Post a Comment