Monday, February 21, 2011

Mockingjay

Author: Suzanne Collins
Release Date: August 24, 2010
ISBN: 0439023513
Pages: 400
Genre: YA, Dystopia
Series: The Hunger Games #3










Summery:





  Against all odds, Katniss has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss Everdeen. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year. Third in the Hunger Games Trilogy.

Review:
    The final instalment of The Hunger Games was as satisfying as the first two books in the series. In this book, Peeta has been captured by the capital, Katniss has to choose if she is willing to be a pawn for the rebellion and Gale is trying to keep his place in her life while moving into a new role of his own. The world building was consistent perfection. I loved all of the characters even the villains. Following Katniss on this emotional marathon was so intense that I just let the tears fall about halfway through. I loved her breakdowns and the times when she just withdrawals. Its those moments that make her real to me. Again in this book, as in the previous two, my only disappointment is with Katniss's resistance to love and be loved. I try to understand her fears and why she hardens herself but as a romantic, I wanted just a little more from her. Especially at the end. The final paragraph was just to short of a wrap up for me. I liked the ending but even with the epilogue, I would have like the final paragraph to be its own chapter. That said, this book is going on the keeper shelf with the other two.

Cover:
       I love it. Consistent with the others in the series and I love the Mockingjay spreading its wings and breaking the symbol behind it.

Rating:
       A

No comments:

Post a Comment